- 1Not characterized by association, especially of ideas: the development of chaffinch song is most obviously classified as non-associative learningMore example sentences
- Habituation does not, so it is regarded as a non-associative form of learning.
- 2 Mathematics Involving the condition that a group of quantities connected by operations gives a result dependent upon the order in which the operations are performed.More example sentences
- His main work was on associative algebras, non-associative algebras, and Riemann matrices.
- From 1931 to 1937 she studied projective planes introducing Moufang planes and non-associative systems called Moufang loops.
More definitions of non-associativeDefinition of non-associative in:
- The US English dictionary