- (Of a section of a nucleic acid molecule) not directing the production of a peptide sequence.More example sentences
- The functions of these non-coding nucleic acid sequences are only partly understood.
- The rare mutations - which are changes in the non-coding portion of its DNA - can serve as markers, which can distinguish peoples.
- For neo-Darwinism, new functional genes either arise from non-coding sections in the genome or from pre-existing genes.
More definitions of non-codingDefinition of non-coding in:
- The US English dictionary