Definition of non-directional in English:
1Lacking directional properties.
- The simplest explanation of these changes, given the non-directional pattern evident in Figure 3, is that they result from the varying patterns of replenishment and loss of individual fishes.
- It was observed that the bulging effect at the apex was accompanied by the formation of thick but non-directional microfilaments.
- Because it is non-directional, a manufacturer can optimize cutting yield.
1.1(Of sound, light, radio waves, etc.) equally sensitive, intense, etc., in every direction: the lighting is soft and non-directional, meaning there are no harsh shadows
More example sentences
- We also needed to confirm the airport would be open, and the airport lights and non-directional beacon were working.
- The airstrip, which does not have a manned control tower, is served by a non-directional beacon.
- The voice came from all around as non-directional speakers vibrated the air of the room itself.
Definition of non-directional in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan