- The committee comprised a European official, three non-European officials, two ‘native’ officials and one native non-official.
- Europe therefore learnt about non-European societies through other Europeans, predominantly through what they wrote about them, but also through attempts visually to represent them.
- The hotly debated questions of what caused ‘new imperialism’ and what effects it had on the various European and non-European actors cannot be discussed here.
1A person who is not a European.
- The Ballon d' Or recognises not only Europeans but non-Europeans who play their club football in Europe.
- Many of us non-Europeans go to Europe for the historic effect.
- Is this another wedge to divide Europeans and non-Europeans?
1.1South African dated A person of African, Asian, or mixed ancestry.
- The Nationalist Party from its inception had always pursued a policy of justice and fairness towards all sections of the population - English-speaking, Afrikaans-speaking, Africans and other non-Europeans.
- Most got their ‘evidence’ about Africans and non-Europeans second and third-hand from the actual conquerors and enslavers.
- This policy was consolidated by excluding Chinese and other non-Europeans from the 1880s under the White Australia policy.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: non-European
Definition of non-European in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.