- 1An unexpectedly dull or insignificant event or occasion: despite the pre-match publicity, the contest turned out to be a non-eventMore example sentences
- Yesterday's conference was a non-event in terms of political controversy.
- It is not uncommon for much-publicised programmes to end up as non-events in the State.
- For the past 13 months, these meetings have been non-events.
- 1.1An event that did not happen: they sent out false announcements of art events to the media, getting reporters to show up for non-eventsMore example sentences
- Day one of Shane Warne's cricket comeback started as a media circus and ended as a non-event as rain stopped play.
- After all, how can you revolutionize coverage of a non-event?
More definitions of non-eventDefinition of non-event in:
- The US English dictionary