Not existing or not real or present: she pretended to tie a non-existent shoelace
More example sentences
- If you invent a non-existent problem, you can always manufacture an unnecessary solution.
- For one, he's supposedly been caught boasting about non-existent software before.
- Sycophants tend to lavish non-existent virtues on their leader, who may only be a novice.
imaginary, imagined, unreal, fictional, fictitious, made up, invented, hypothetical, suppositional, fancied, fanciful; fantastic, fantasy, mythical, mythological, legendary; illusory, illusive, hallucinatory, chimerical, figmental, notional, shadowy, spectral, ghostly, insubstantial; missing, absentinexistent, illusionary, unsubstantial
- More example sentences
- Another common problem faced by women is the inadequacy or non-existence of health care services meeting their special needs.
- The lines between author and story become blurred to the point of non-existence and the whole thing rapidly becomes equal parts surreal comedy and conspiracy thriller.
- The middle class is miniscule to the point of non-existence.