Definition of non-existent in English:
Not existing or not real or present: she pretended to tie a non-existent shoelace
More example sentences
- If you invent a non-existent problem, you can always manufacture an unnecessary solution.
- For one, he's supposedly been caught boasting about non-existent software before.
- Sycophants tend to lavish non-existent virtues on their leader, who may only be a novice.
imaginary, imagined, unreal, fictional, fictitious, made up, invented, hypothetical, suppositional, fancied, fanciful;
illusory, illusive, hallucinatory, chimerical, figmental, notional, shadowy, spectral, ghostly, insubstantial;
- Example sentences
- Another common problem faced by women is the inadequacy or non-existence of health care services meeting their special needs.
- The lines between author and story become blurred to the point of non-existence and the whole thing rapidly becomes equal parts surreal comedy and conspiracy thriller.
- The middle class is miniscule to the point of non-existence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India