- A person without professional or specialized knowledge in a particular subject: the material is hard for the non-expert to grapple withMore example sentences
- The report also seeks to provide some needed background for the nonexpert.
- Empiric studies have shown that the quality of a review article is often superior when it is written by a nonexpert.
- Indeed, to the nonexpert the research and results could easily appear to be more of the same.
adjectiveBack to top
- Not having or involving professional or specialized knowledge: the only non-expert witness to be calledMore example sentences
- A Web tool should make data from diverse agencies available to nonexpert, remote users.
- Another weakness of the book is the absence of a section to familiarize nonexpert readers with molecular terminology.
- I enjoyed your remarks about nonexpert comments in expert-driven forums.
More definitions of non-expertDefinition of non-expert in:
- The US English dictionary