Prose writing that is informative or factual rather than fictional: high on the best-seller lists of non-fiction [as modifier]: two of her other non-fiction books
More example sentences
- We'll be looking at all kinds of storytelling, poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction.
- His lifelong concern with the South also pervades most of his non-fiction prose works.
- Although the line between fiction and non-fiction in this book is thin, there is nothing wrong with that.
- Example sentences
- Many have set the precedent and Goddard's novel makes a nod towards those who supported the Republican struggle in his title, which is a homage itself to George Orwell's non-fictional account of the war, Homage to Catalonia.
- Other non-fictional work and novels quickly followed The Good Earth including A House Divided, Dragon Seed, Pavilion of Women, and The Time is Noon.
- His memoir, Mount Allegro, which has remained in print most of the years since its first appearance in 1943, is the first of four non-fictional books written by Mangione that deal with Sicilian and Sicilian American culture.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: non-fiction
Definition of non-fiction in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.