Definition of non-fiction in English:
Prose writing that is informative or factual rather than fictional: high on the best-seller lists of non-fiction [as modifier]: two of her other non-fiction books
More example sentences
- We'll be looking at all kinds of storytelling, poetry and prose, fiction and non-fiction.
- His lifelong concern with the South also pervades most of his non-fiction prose works.
- Although the line between fiction and non-fiction in this book is thin, there is nothing wrong with that.
- Example sentences
- Many have set the precedent and Goddard's novel makes a nod towards those who supported the Republican struggle in his title, which is a homage itself to George Orwell's non-fictional account of the war, Homage to Catalonia.
- Other non-fictional work and novels quickly followed The Good Earth including A House Divided, Dragon Seed, Pavilion of Women, and The Time is Noon.
- His memoir, Mount Allegro, which has remained in print most of the years since its first appearance in 1943, is the first of four non-fictional books written by Mangione that deal with Sicilian and Sicilian American culture.
Definition of non-fiction in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan