Not relating to or acquired through heredity; not genetic: environmental and other non-genetic factors also contribute to the disease process
More example sentences
- Identical twins are not 100 % concordant, indicating that there are nongenetic factors involved.
- Susceptibility to MS is based on interactions among several genes and influences by, largely unknown, nongenetic factors.
- Nongenetic diabetes usually occurs in people over the age of 40.
- More example sentences
- This pollen drift poses huge problems for any farmer trying to grow non-genetically engineered crops.
- Control data on age of onset in individuals linked non-genetically have apparently never been sought.
- The evidence from recent twin studies suggests that the proportion of variance which needs to be explained non-genetically is small.
Definition of non-genetic in:
- The US English dictionary