- (Especially of an organization) not belonging to or associated with any government: eight foreign non-governmental organizations were involved in food distributionMore example sentences
- Though routinely referred to as a non-governmental organization, the US Congress funds it.
- It must instead rely on complaints from citizens, firms, and non-governmental organizations.
- Few non-governmental organizations represented anything but parochial interests.
More definitions of non-governmentalDefinition of non-governmental in:
- The US English dictionary