Definition of non-infectious in English:
1(Of a disease or disease-causing organism) not liable to be transmitted through the environment.
- Influenza vaccine contains only non-infectious viruses, it cannot cause influenza.
- First, an injection of non-infectious genetic material from the disease-causing microbe primes the immune system to respond.
- This makes it potentially an attractive alternative to medications already available to treat patients with non-allergic, non-infectious, perennial rhinitis.
1.1Not liable to spread infection.
- The prostate can be affected by a variety of infectious and poorly defined non-infectious conditions that present as acute or chronic pelvic pain with a range of accompanying urinary and systemic symptoms.
- Secondary infection can lead to a period of rapid expansion with significant risk of infectious and non-infectious complications.
- This sounds most like an infectious illness, and I'll talk about infections and then tumors and then immune disorders, non-infectious, non-malignant disorders.
Definition of non-infectious in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.