Definition of non-infectious in English:
1(Of a disease or disease-causing organism) not liable to be transmitted through the environment.
- Influenza vaccine contains only non-infectious viruses, it cannot cause influenza.
- First, an injection of non-infectious genetic material from the disease-causing microbe primes the immune system to respond.
- This makes it potentially an attractive alternative to medications already available to treat patients with non-allergic, non-infectious, perennial rhinitis.
1.1Not liable to spread infection.
- The prostate can be affected by a variety of infectious and poorly defined non-infectious conditions that present as acute or chronic pelvic pain with a range of accompanying urinary and systemic symptoms.
- Secondary infection can lead to a period of rapid expansion with significant risk of infectious and non-infectious complications.
- This sounds most like an infectious illness, and I'll talk about infections and then tumors and then immune disorders, non-infectious, non-malignant disorders.
Definition of non-infectious in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan