- Unable to read or write: non-literate culturesMore example sentences
- The bonded workers, frequently non-literate, have no choice but to depend on the word of the employer about when the loans are finally paid off.
- A traditionally non-literate culture has a strong understanding of learning things by memory.
- The methods of secular musicians, whose traditions were largely non-literate, were doubtless more informal, though in the 15th century a repertory of courtly dances based on written cantus firmi developed: the bassadanza or basse danse and associated forms.
More definitions of non-literateDefinition of non-literate in:
- The US English dictionary