Definition of non-objective in English:
1Influenced by personal feeling or opinions in considering and representing facts.
- If that sounds inexcusably non-objective and chaotic, consider this.
- Was it a view within the White House that, in fact, he was a non-objective source on this investigation?
- And whether we do this to make better sense of what happened, or if it's simply to make the story more interesting, we still wind up being non-objective, even invented, personas.
2(Of art) abstract.
- In 1915, Malevich created an international revolution in art when he established a non-objective art style he called Suprematism by painting a simple black square on a white background.
- With the continued search by the state for a truly proletarian art form, however, the various strands of non-objective art soon began to slip from official approval.
- In 1967 she established and endowed the Hilla yon Rebay Foundation to ‘foster, promote, and encourage the interest of the public in non-objective art.’
Definition of non-objective in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India