- A person who does not take part in something: I’m happy to be a non-participant in the conversations [as modifier]: non-participant observations of classroom teachingMore example sentences
- Examples of non-participant research include the following: sitting by a conveyer belt on a factory floor observing the activities of the workers; studying the behavior of the audience at a rock concert; watching the interrogation of a suspect through a one-way mirror in a police station.
- A party or witness or even a non-participant in the proceedings may refuse to disclose information, papers or answer questions even though such material may have a high degree of relevance and reliability.
- Maybe you can't stand the way one group member always talks over other people, or you're sick of one of your group members being a non-participant.
More definitions of non-participantDefinition of non-participant in:
- The US English dictionary