- 1Not involving selection of the most suitable or best qualified: believing in free and non-selective educationMore example sentences
- The whole thing makes me break out in a rash not seen since the last time I went to a free tequila party at a non-selective fraternity house.
- Study recruitment was non-selective.
- We tried to overall reduce the number of hours of television viewing in a non-selective way.
- 1.1(Of a process or agent) affecting all types or species: treating the weeds with a non-selective herbicideMore example sentences
- A retrospective follow up study over seven years found that selective blockers were no better than non-selective ones at protecting eyes from progressive damage.
- This non-selective herbicide is taken up through the leaves and translocated to the roots, where it disrupts the plant's metabolism.
- Among the many problems with chemical controls is that they are non-selective: They don't just kill pest insects, they kill bees too.
More definitions of non-selectiveDefinition of non-selective in:
- The US English dictionary