- A conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement: his weird mixed metaphors and non sequitursMore example sentences
- The reason this inference amounts to a logical fallacy is that it is just a blatant non sequitur.
- This is also why his final argument is a complete non sequitur.
- Therefore, he concludes in a lovely non sequitur, there must be a connection between behavior and physical appearance.
Latin, literally 'it does not follow'.
More definitions of non sequiturDefinition of non sequitur in:
- The US English dictionary