Definition of non-smoker in English:
A person who does not smoke tobacco: a cigarette smoker has twice the risk of having a heart attack than a non-smoker
More example sentences
- I am all for people's rights and a smoker has as much of a right to smoke as a non-smoker has the right to clean air.
- If the owners prefer to allow smoking, non-smokers can accept that or stay away, they say.
- They are jeopardising their own health and that of non-smokers who have to walk through their smoke.
- Example sentences
- And yet at the moment, smokers are paid the same amount of money as their non-smoking colleagues.
- But I do think non-smoking drinkers should be able to enjoy a pint without having to drink it in a gas chamber.
- There are too many smokers that would revolt to such a prospect and it is simply selfish of the non-smoking society to try and enforce it.
Definition of non-smoker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India