A person who is not an expert or specialist in a particular subject.
- One simple way to describe them is to say they are non-specialists who think they are specialists.
- These papers are all here, and they make hard reading for non-specialists.
- Even the non-specialists will stand a chance of winning a medal.
Not having or requiring specialist knowledge: articles inform non-specialist readers about new scientific advances
More example sentences
- The text is detailed but generally well argued and clear enough for the non-specialist reader to find his or her way.
- All the other non-specialist presenters are so bland they melt into one.
- There are no long musical quotations or discussions of musical theory to confuse the non-specialist reader.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: non-special¦ist
Definition of non-specialist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.