noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the urethra due to infection by chlamydiae or other organisms (other than gonococci).More example sentences
- In the developing world, the commonest diseases are gonorrhoea, syphilis, chancroid, and HIV infection, whereas in developed countries they are chlamydial infections, non-specific urethritis, genital warts, and herpes.
- According to the HPSC, the most common STIs reported last year were anogenital warts, genital chlamydia infection and non-specific urethritis (infection of the bladder).
- Among the most common infections are genital warts, chlamydia, candidiasis and non-specific urethritis.
More definitions of non-specific urethritisDefinition of non-specific urethritis in:
- The US English dictionary