- An individual or organization that has significant political influence but is not allied to any particular country or state.More example sentences
- The second is the growing power of non-state actors.
- The wording of the first clause also leaves open the question whether terrorism can be committed by states or only by non-state actors.
- Under international law, the state has a clear responsibility for human rights abuses committed by non-state actors.
More definitions of non-state actorDefinition of non-state actor in:
- The US English dictionary