Definition of non-temporal in English:
1Having no relation to time.
- One picture, then, is of the universe beginning in a singular, non-temporal event roughly 13 - 14 billion years ago.
- Of course, we do also speak of non-temporal 'change', as when we describe the width of a river as 'changing' - 'getting bigger' - as it approaches the sea.
- For him a self, as it really is, is a timeless existent; and what appears to it and to others as its successive experiences are really timeless existents, ordered in a non-temporal series.
2Relating to spiritual as opposed to worldly affairs.
- I do believe that my moral choices have spiritual, non-temporal consequences.
- By too-often tending to conceive of God as an otherworldly, non-spatial, non-temporal being, he does not articulate well, how pantheistic conceptions of God and their intellectual relatives may also harbor the titanistic attitudes he seeks to criticize.
- A dozen composers worked on the soundtrack, producing a whole range of songs, many of them about Radha and Krishna, that create an intended nontemporal quality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.