1Having no relation to time.
- One picture, then, is of the universe beginning in a singular, non-temporal event roughly 13 - 14 billion years ago.
- Of course, we do also speak of non-temporal 'change', as when we describe the width of a river as 'changing' - 'getting bigger' - as it approaches the sea.
- For him a self, as it really is, is a timeless existent; and what appears to it and to others as its successive experiences are really timeless existents, ordered in a non-temporal series.
2Relating to spiritual as opposed to worldly affairs.
- I do believe that my moral choices have spiritual, non-temporal consequences.
- By too-often tending to conceive of God as an otherworldly, non-spatial, non-temporal being, he does not articulate well, how pantheistic conceptions of God and their intellectual relatives may also harbor the titanistic attitudes he seeks to criticize.
- A dozen composers worked on the soundtrack, producing a whole range of songs, many of them about Radha and Krishna, that create an intended nontemporal quality.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: non-temporal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.