Definition of non-violence in English:
The use of peaceful means, not force, to bring about political or social change: Gandhi’s commitment to the principle of non-violence
More example sentences
- Yet this was a just war, where the principle of non-violence did not for once apply.
- His participation in conferences is to spread the message of peace and non-violence.
- Pope John Paul will be remembered for his resolve to promote love, peace and non-violence.
- Example sentences
- Since then she has been jailed three times for her part in non-violent demonstrations.
- The plan was to arrive at the Plains of Abraham and block the road in non-violent civil disobedience.
- Green groups reminded the public of their commitment to non-violent and peaceful actions only.
Definition of non-violence in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan