- A word coined for one single occasion only: English bristles with nonce wordsMore example sentences
- Another sort of punning found in newspapers is the allusive re-using of nonce words from slogans.
- Nonce-words in ing are formed freely on words or phrases of many kinds, e.g. oh-ing, hear-hearing, hoo-hooing, pshawing, yo-hoing.
- The word 'truth' is morphed into the nonce-word 'tlooth' in the title of Mathews's second novel.
More definitions of nonce wordDefinition of nonce word in:
- The US English dictionary