Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of nondrying in English:
1Not causing dryness: wash your complexion with a nondrying cleanser
More example sentences
- Mildly astringent yet nondrying, they are ideal on psoriasis, highly sensitive skin or at any time essential oils might be too strong.
- And always remove makeup and grime with a gentle nondrying cleanser before working out and at bedtime.
- Creams are appropriate for patients with sensitive or dry skin who require a nonirritating, nondrying formulation.
2(Of an oil) that does not harden when exposed to air.
- Glycerin is used as a lubricant in various operations in the textile industry, and can be mixed with sugar to make a nondrying oil.
- The substance proved to be a nondrying oil, as expected; its use is an effective trick, since one application remains fresh-looking indefinitely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.