noun (plural nonentities)
- 1A person or thing with no special or interesting qualities; an unimportant person or thing: a political nonentityMore example sentences
- That's why these two political nonentities are stuck in the political quagmire of Vietnam.
- Irrespective of last week's triumphs over some continental nonentities, who really cares?
- They are mediocre nonentities who demand to know your tax history, your type of business, your social status.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The quality or condition of being uninteresting or unimportant: the collection of topics is saved from nonentity by the stature of the contributorsMore example sentences
- To stay at home was to condemn yourself to nonentity.
- 2 [mass noun] Non-existence: asserting the nonentity of evilMore example sentences
- What mysterious force or invisible hand guided the embryo's journey from nonentity to individual?
late 16th century: from medieval Latin nonentitas 'non-existence'.