noun[mass noun] Law
- Failure to perform an act that is required by law.More example sentences
- Recovery in tort is dependent on the plaintiff establishing injury and loss resulting from an act of misfeasance or nonfeasance on the part of the defendant, the tortfeasor.
- At first sight, to say that the defendant's nonfeasance did not cause the plaintiff's loss seems to provide a sort of objective criterion for not imposing liability.
- The effect of this is that the occupier's liability is governed by the common law, which provides that he will be liable for negligent misfeasance but not for nonfeasance.
More definitions of nonfeasanceDefinition of nonfeasance in:
- The US English dictionary