Entry from US English dictionary
- It can be shown that both ionic and non-ionic bonds contribute to the interaction.
- Another important non-ionic hydride is also basic in water.
- The emulsifier used can be anionic, cationic, or non-ionic.
1.1(Of a detergent) not dissociating into ions in aqueous solution.
- When chaotropic agents and non-ionic detergents are present, the proteins disaggregate.
- The precursor of pea legumin, but not the mature forms accumulated in storage vacuoles, is difficult to extract from membranes unless non-ionic detergents are used, which is an unusual feature for soluble proteins.
- Firstly, jars were washed in a non-ionic detergent and rinsed in distilled water.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.