Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of nonionic in English:
- It can be shown that both ionic and non-ionic bonds contribute to the interaction.
- Another important non-ionic hydride is also basic in water.
- The emulsifier used can be anionic, cationic, or non-ionic.
1.1(Of a detergent) not dissociating into ions in aqueous solution.
- When chaotropic agents and non-ionic detergents are present, the proteins disaggregate.
- The precursor of pea legumin, but not the mature forms accumulated in storage vacuoles, is difficult to extract from membranes unless non-ionic detergents are used, which is an unusual feature for soluble proteins.
- Firstly, jars were washed in a non-ionic detergent and rinsed in distilled water.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.