- A corner or recess, especially one offering seclusion or security: the nook beside the fire the fish should be able to find nooks and crannies in which they will be safeMore example sentences
- They hugged table-legs, raced up walls, skulked under shelves and stood shivering in nooks and corners.
- A considerable number of Goan artifacts decorate the nooks and corners.
- Doubtless the politicians will enjoy plotting and scheming in the Jacobean nooks and corners.
every nook and cranny
- Every part or aspect of something: the party reached into every nook and cranny of people’s livesMore example sentences
- The point of that puzzle wasn't to test people's mental images of every nook and cranny of the borders between the 50 states.
- That night, the audience is great: standing, dancing, wedged into every nook and cranny of the prison set.
- Perhaps it was overload from a year of political rhetoric that has permeated every nook and cranny of the media.
Middle English (denoting a corner or fragment): of unknown origin.