- The middle of the day: [as modifier]: the blinds were lowered to keep out the noonday sunMore example sentences
- The flowers had been destroyed by the time we came out to eat last night, and when we got up this morning and walked through the noonday sun to buy breakfast (it had been a late night) all trace of them was gone.
- Cemeteries are impeccably maintained by their respective governments; prestigious memorials and little white crosses in neat rows reflect the noonday sun.
- As we talked, Larry leaned on a cedar fence post, squinting in the noonday sun, and pointed out landmarks on the Bush ranch, three quarters of a mile away.
More definitions of noondayDefinition of noonday in:
- The US English dictionary