- A postulated sphere or stage of evolutionary development dominated by consciousness, the mind, and interpersonal relationships: creatures evolve: a new biosphere emerges, and with it a new noosphereMore example sentences
- He foresaw some immense consequences, mostly of the positive kind, that the appearance and development of the noosphere entailed for mankind.
- Perhaps this, in turn, can slowly transform the memesphere into what Pierre Teilhard de Chardin calls the noosphere, the realm not just of collective mind, but also collective consciousness.
- Humans add a formalized degree of consciousness to the morphic field - the noosphere - and, more importantly, a frequency of imagination.
1940s: from French noösphere, based on Greek noos 'mind'.
More definitions of noosphereDefinition of noosphere in:
- The US English dictionary