noun[mass noun] Geology
- A coarse-grained plutonic rock similar to gabbro but containing hypersthene.More example sentences
- Coeval gabbro intrusions are composed of unlayered, fine- to medium-grained, biotite-bearing norite, gabbronorite, gabbro and diorite.
- Enstatite occurs in plutonic basic and ultrabasic rocks such as peridotite and norite, and also in some high-grade metamorphic rocks.
- The basement is mainly composed of quartz biotite norite and minor serpentinite which belong to the Ordovician Boganclough intrusion.
More definitions of noriteDefinition of norite in:
- The US English dictionary