Entry from US English dictionary
More definitions of North CountryDefinition of North Country in:
- The US English dictionary
- The northern part of a country, for example the part of England north of the River Humber.More example sentences
- I decided to dwell overnight in this capital of the north country at the camping site by the swimming pool and elementary school.
- Dad would sing along, his eyes closed for ‘Girl from the North Country’, as though he were remembering some girl - or at least a trip to the north country.
- Here in the north country, the darkest days are so dismally short.