Definition of north-westerly in English:
Another term for north-west.
- The MoD has been using Cape Wrath as a live bombing range for nearly 70 years with the tacit agreement of the residents of nearby Durness, mainland Britain's most north-westerly village.
- Forecaster Gerard Bellam says north-westerly winds are on the way, which will give the country, especially eastern regions, a chance to warm up.
- ESB spokesperson Pauline Madigan said the situation could have been much worse as the winds were south-westerly instead of the usually more damaging north-westerly winds.
nounBack to top
another term for northwester.
- Back on the ship, the 14-man team were fighting against strengthening north-westerlies.
- Another summer wind, a north-westerly, blowing over Iraq and the Persian Gulf.
- Monday's strong wind gave the fleet a good race as boats tacked off from the start to find the best wind in the main north-westerly, or to pick up the north-easterly air stream down Troutbeck.
Definition of north-westerly in:
- US English dictionary