noun[mass noun] (also northlands) • literary
- The northern part of a country or region.More example sentences
- They were marching steadily across the marshy northlands, their pace slowed by the necessity of watching their feet for sinkholes and mud puddles.
- I grew up in the northlands, a land of fire, ice, and passion, and that fighting spirit seems to just be part of my people.
- While all our fellow NYU Master of Social Work students head off to South Padre Island or Cabo San Lucas for spring break, my boyfriend and my gay self are off to the frozen northlands of Maine.
More definitions of northlandDefinition of northland in:
- The US English dictionary