Relating to Norway or its people or language.
- I did many evening courses in the Norwegian language and I eventually began to get freelance translation work.
- Some time during her earlier years, Ellen went to Alta to perfect her knowledge of the Norwegian language, and to learn home economics and sewing.
- While still in Norway a Norwegian commander who worked in the shipyard that built St Albans paid the ship a visit.
1A native or inhabitant of Norway, or a person of Norwegian descent.
- The trick for me has been to attempt to absorb Norway, not to be negative, to identify with Norwegians and Norway, yet not lose my Irish roots.
- In a few days Norway and Norwegians all over the World will celebrate the 17th of May.
- Every 17th of May you will see Norwegians at their rowdiest and drunkest for their National Day celebrations.
2 [mass noun] The language of Norway, a member of the Scandinavian language group. See also Bokmål, Nynorsk.
- Icelandic is a Germanic language related to Norwegian.
- Most of Shukla's works have been translated and published in Norwegian and Urdu languages.
- Swedish is a North Germanic language, related to Norwegian, Danish, and German.
Words that rhyme with NorwegianGlaswegian, legion, region
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Nor|we¦gian
Definition of Norwegian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.