- another term for nose tackle.More example sentences
- A 3-4 defense won't necessarily ask McNeil to be a pass rusher, and having less-than-ideal height isn't too detrimental for a good nose guard as long as he can command a double team.
- In the Cowboys' 4-3 scheme, one defensive tackle plays on the center like a nose guard.
- Joe Klecko, one of the members of the New York Sack Exchange of the 1980s, was the first NFL player named to the Pro Bowl at three positions: defensive end, tackle, and nose guard.
More definitions of nose guardDefinition of nose guard in:
- The US English dictionary