Definition of nostalgia in English:
1A sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past: I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my days at university
More example sentences
- The days of the Empire were by then long gone, but not so the English romance with faraway places or its nostalgia for the past.
- Along with the concept, there was this nagging feeling of nostalgia for the past.
- There is no nostalgia with regard to past connections with the states from the Warsaw Pact.
- Example sentences
- While nostalgists browse through the museum's remarkable collection of cricketing memorabilia, kids can play interactive cricket on computer screens in a children's room.
- Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the snobs at the barricades are the nostalgists for Old New York.
- They are not anti-imperialists so much as nostalgists for imperialism.