- A written notification issued to pilots before a flight, advising them of circumstances relating to the state of flying.More example sentences
- But at the same time, the association maintained a red ‘warning’ box on its Web site, with a ‘crawl’ that urged pilots to check notams before each flight.
- On March 30, a day after the crash, the FAA issued a second notam for Aspen that explicitly banned all night instrument landings.
- The NTSB said that the crew of the GIII had received the notam before takeoff from California, but it is investigating why ATC at Aspen did not get a copy.
1940s: from no(tice) t(o) a(ir)m(en).
More definitions of notamDefinition of notam in:
- The US English dictionary