Definition of notate in English:
Write (something, typically music) in notation: the recorded music can then be notated and played back
More example sentences
- I think that notated music is very undervalued right now, for all sorts of reasons.
- Although he died in 1994, he had been unable to compose or even notate music since around 1985.
- Many of the authors seem to consider ethnomusicology and ethnochoreology ‘scientific’ disciplines whose goal is to objectively record and notate music and dance genres.
early 20th century: back-formation from notation.
- Example sentences
- Even a professional dance notator is unlikely to have a score of that particular production.
- There will be quite an entourage going to Prague: Caroline Palmer (notator), Bruce French, Mark Cooper (lighting designer) and myself.
- Conversely, the ‘performer’ will be able to generate a rough Labanotation score that can be refined by a notator.
Definition of notate in:
- US English dictionary