adjective (notchier, notchiest)
- (Of a manual gear-changing mechanism) difficult to use because the lever has to be moved accurately (as if into a narrow notch): the gear-change action is rather notchyMore example sentences
- However, the pedals are still offset to the left and the fascia-mounted gear change is as notchy as it ever was.
- I found the manual rather notchy, with a fairly long throw between changes.
- The manual gearbox has a tendency to be notchy and the auto gearbox doesn't change particularly smoothly.
More definitions of notchyDefinition of notchy in:
- The US English dictionary