1A small book with blank or ruled pages for writing notes in: he copied the number into his notebook
More example sentences
- When at art college I much preferred flicking through people's notebooks and sketch books than their finished pieces.
- The falling leaves land on her books, notebooks, school bag and hair as if each leaf knows its final destination.
- Books are open on every surface, and there are many pages of notebooks strewn around.
1.1A laptop computer, especially a small, slim one.
- Data loss associated with notebooks and portable computers is even more drastic.
- Next, use the hardware profile to tell the computer it's a notebook with a docking station.
- However, notebooks and laptops haven't had the luxury of big drives until recently.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: note|book
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.