- A sweet made from sugar or honey, nuts, and egg white: a box of nougat [as modifier]: a nougat centre [with modifier]: a Spanish almond nougatMore example sentences
- Baking is somewhat less important in Mediterranean countries, where nut and sugar confections such as nougat sustain the sweet toothed.
- To begin with, it was all puddings and cakes and sweets, and I would make fudge, toffee, nougat.
- This promised the delights of creme caramel, homemade French nougat, ice-cream and pancakes.
early 19th century: from French, from Provençal nogat, from noga 'nut'.
More definitions of nougatDefinition of nougat in:
- The US English dictionary