- The digit 0.More example sentences
- When the money came through, I went to the cash machine, pressed that little button and saw all the noughts come up at the end.
- Smailes added: ‘It will add two or three noughts to the value of a painting.’
- In pre-euro days, Italians had little confidence in the lira - and no wonder, with all those absurd noughts that required a focusing of the eyes on the dinner bill.
pronounBack to top
- variant spelling of naught.More example sentences
nothing, nothing at all, naught; no point, no purpose, no effect, no end result; Northern English nowt
- It is home where the criminal attitude of the children towards women could be prevented and thus the crimes against women in the future could be brought to nought.
- Their good work was set at nought a minute later when Kildare lost the ball in midfield and senior midfielder Martin McGrath raced through to stick the ball in the net four minutes from the interval.
- But the fact the Cowboys had never beaten the Broncos counted for nought last weekend.