- A modern style of cookery that avoids rich, heavy foods and emphasizes the freshness of the ingredients and the presentation of the dishes.More example sentences
- No longer could the shortcomings of a meal be disguised with sauces: nouvelle cuisine required wonderfully fresh ingredients and a great deal of culinary skill.
- It has had a surprisingly strong influence on the West as inspiration for nouvelle cuisine and cuisine minceur.
- Granted, as nouvelle cuisine, the dishes might not be copious in terms of quantity and many of the wines are half bottles, but this still constitutes a considerable physical effort.
French, literally 'new cookery'.
More definitions of nouvelle cuisineDefinition of nouvelle cuisine in:
- The US English dictionary