(also • trademark Novocain)
- another term for procaine.More example sentences
- In 1905, cocaine was replaced by the synthetic drug novocaine This in turn was replaced by lignocaine, which is in use today.
- Before beginning the procedure, you will inhale an aerosol spray of a medicine like Novocain, which numbs the nose and throat area and helps to prevent coughing and gagging during the procedure.
- As well as the usual Novocain and gas, she also offers a relaxing aromatherapy service and specially designed Eye Trek glasses which allow you to watch your favourite DVD while she tinkers about with your teeth.
early 20th century: from Latin novus 'new' + -caine (from cocaine).
More definitions of novocaineDefinition of novocaine in:
- The US English dictionary