nounchiefly North American
- A small lump or residual part: nubbins of bone or cartilageMore example sentences
- My lump was just a lump, a pea-sized nubbin of nothing-to-worry-about.
- Long names get worn down to three-letter nubbins like stones smoothed by a river.
- The right postzygapophysis of the more posterior vertebra can be identified; a small nubbin of bone anterolateral to this might represent part of a cervical rib.
late 17th century: diminutive of nub.
More definitions of nubbinDefinition of nubbin in:
- The US English dictionary