- (Of fabric) coarse or knobbly in texture: nubby blue cottonMore example sentences
- Features include a nubby texture in the fabric and black pearl buttons.
- Our cat never scratches the couch and only focuses on the chair, I assume because it's more satisfying to have his claws stuck in the nubbly fabric.
- Her fabrication ranges from rich tweed with nubby (yet soft to the touch) textures, silk crêpe, georgette, satin and various (heavy to light) jerseys.
early 19th century (as nubbly): derivative of nubble.
More definitions of nubbyDefinition of nubby in:
- The US English dictionary