- A strong attractive force between nucleons in the atomic nucleus that holds the nucleus together.More example sentences
- Quarks are bound together by the strong nuclear force to form protons and neutrons in atomic nuclei, while the electromagnetic force holds electrons in orbits around the nucleus.
- In addition to incorporating gravity in a quantum theory, string theory also attempts to combine the four forces of nature - the strong and weak nuclear forces, electromagnetism and gravity - into one unified theory.
- This resonance was due to a delicate balance between the strong nuclear force and the repulsive electromagnetic force in samarium.
More definitions of nuclear forceDefinition of nuclear force in:
- The US English dictionary