- The absorption of electromagnetic radiation by a nucleus having a magnetic moment when in an external magnetic field, used mainly as an analytical technique and in diagnostic body imaging.More example sentences
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is based on the techniques of nuclear magnetic resonance.
- Halbach worked in nuclear physics, nuclear magnetic resonance, plasma physics, and magnet physics, and proved, by his late contributions to magnet design, that one's physics career need not be over by age 30.
- These techniques, which include nuclear magnetic resonance, electron spin resonance, and Mossbauer spectroscopy, provide valuable information about the structure of a molecule.
More definitions of nuclear magnetic resonanceDefinition of nuclear magnetic resonance in:
- The US English dictionary