- Radioactive waste material, for example from the use or reprocessing of nuclear fuel.More example sentences
- She has no objection to the process as such of discharging nuclear waste; obviously nuclear waste has to be dealt with.
- Scientists are examining Humber estuary mud in the hope it could hold the key to the safe disposal of radioactive nuclear waste.
- An internal report written by a manager at the Sellafield nuclear waste reprocessing plant was leaked this week.
More definitions of nuclear wasteDefinition of nuclear waste in:
- The US English dictionary